Fort Riley officials are conducting a staggered early release of Soldiers and employees today due to inclement weather.
Civilian employees at Fort Riley have been released. All military personnel, except Soldiers of the 97th Military Police Battalion and 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, have also been released. Remaining personnel were released at 1:30 p.m.
Parents with children in Fort Riley's Child Development Centers were asked to pick up children by 1 p.m., if possible. The Child Development Centers will not close until the last child has been safely picked up. All Child and Youth Services programs scheduled for the remainder of the day are cancelled and the School Age Center will not open.
Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation facilities closed at 12:30 p.m., including the Warrior Zone and most fitness centers. Craig and Whitside fitness centers are on a 24-hour, 7-days-a-week schedule and will be available to those who have previously registered their ID cards with MWR for round-the-clock access. Irwin Army Community Hospital will continue normal inpatient and outpatient services. Patients who cannot safely make it to their appointment should call 785-239-3627 (239-DOCS) to reschedule.
If Soldiers, families or civilian employees have questions or concerns, they are encouraged to visit https://www.facebook.com/FortRiley or the Fort Riley website at https://home.army.mil/riley/ and click on "advisories, road closures and delays" for updated information. Additionally, all employees of Fort Riley are urged to maintain contact with their chain of command and/or supervisor for the most updated information.
Public Affairs Specialist
Fort Riley Garrison Public Affairs Office
- USD 475 will have a 2-hour early release today ( Friday ) due to severe weather. Parents may pick up students early, if they choose. All activities are also cancelled. All district activities, practices, and sporting events are cancelled for both Friday and Saturday. Boy’s and Girl’s Club will also be cancelled for today. NO District travel for activities will be permitted for either Friday or Saturday.
All students will be released 2 hours earlier than their normal release time. A schedule of release is below:
Elementary schools will release at 1:15 pm today.
Fort Riley Elementary will release at 1 PM.
Seitz Elementary will release at 1:30 pm.
Middle schools will release at 1:50 pm.
High school will release at 1:35 pm.
- Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 will start dismissing students at 1pm today due to severe weather. Parents are encouraged to pick up their student(s) if possible.
USD 383 is in the process of mobilizing their transportation staff to begin bus routes. Bus routes will begin as close to 1 p.m. as possible. Elementary students that ride the bus will be picked up at their school once secondary routes are completed. Principals will be in contact with the transportation department for bus information.
- aint Xavier schools are releasing at 1:30 p.m.
- Chapman schools are dismissing at 1 p.m.
- Rural Vista schools, Hope and White City are dismissing at 1 p.m.