Riley County has seen an increase of 29 positive COVID-19 cases since last Friday. The number was confirmed by Manhattan Public Information Officer Vivienne Uccello.
A check revealed those identified as positive cases had frequented bars, restaurants and other businesses in the area.
The latest total for the county since the pandemic began is 132 cases. A total of 61 of those case are active.
Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan has 3 positive patients, one of those patients is on a ventilator. There are no Persons Under Investigation currently hospitalized. A PUI is a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 and is waiting for test results.The following statistics have been, and will be, continuously evaluated in making any determination to hold, proceed, or revert to earlier phases of the reopening plan:
- Total number of active cases
- Severity of current cases
- Hospital capacity and ability to accept more patients
- Percent of positive test results, averaged over the last fourteen days
- Capacity to meet testing and contact tracing needs based on current numbers
- Locations and contact tracing of individuals showing up positive, i.e community spread, or specific known sources unrelated to gatherings or community contact